I was tapped with the Mystery Blogger Award today. I like the premise of this idea, which is to highlight other blogs. Shamim Sobhani of My World named Kismet among her recommended blogs. Thank you Shamim! Go to her blog. She has some mind-blowing stories!
This award was originally created by Okoto Enigma of https://okotoenigmasblog.com/my-greatest-creation-yet/. Okoto is a very energetic writer. Check her out!
RULES for the Nominees:
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog post.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
5. Tell readers 3 things about yourself.
6. Answer the questions the blogger gave to you .
7. Nominate 10-20 people.
8. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
9. Ask nominees 5 questions of your choice (one weird/funny question).
10. Share link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me Are:
1. Writing is my world. I write and I teach writing.
2. I am the child of Korean immigrants to the United States.
3. I am grateful for my family and friends. I have the highest quality sister and brother. My parents sacrificed so much for me. My friendships are fiercely loyal – I will do anything for my friends and they for me.
For the Next Mystery Blogger Award I Nominate:
- Reimagine Therapy
- Soul Food 101
- Whippet Wisdom
- 67 Steffen
- Crazy Genes Blog
- Gaston Bessette
- Phil H52
- Robert Okaji
- Thoughts of SheryL
- Sascha Darlington
They are an eclectic group and each offers a unique perspective and information. I enjoy them!
Answers to Shamim:
1. What’s one of the most helpful tips you can offer, whether it’s about motivation, living as an expat, or about life in general? Live in presence, in the light of gratitude and grace.
2. What’s one positive thing about my blog and one thing I can improve on? So many great things about your blog! But I the first that comes to mind is your writing voice. Your personality is so strong and consistent throughout your site. Improve on? I don’t know…maybe change your calendar to something else more personal?
3. Have you ever been caught in an emergency before? If so, what happened? If not, what’s something funny or awkward that’s happened to you? Emergency: a week after giving birth to my daugher, I bled profusely due to a blood clot. I almost died. I was brought to San Francisco Emergency and all the patients waiting to be seen as I was hurriedly carried in said out loud, “Wow, she’s really pale.” They removed the clot and gave me blood and I was fine.
4. What motivates you to wake up the hour you wake up and get through the day? I wake up at 5am to work out to Jillian Michaels workouts. It makes me feel strong and alert all day.
5. If you were given the option to choose one country in the world to live in, which would it be? Hmmm. Hard to say. Country? I love my country, despite our current administration. I’d love to live in South Korea for a year, but I wouldn’t want to live there permanently. I think maybe England. 🙂
My Questions to My Nominees:
- Have you had a bad habit or vice? Have you been able to kick it and if so, how? Do you currently have a bad habit you need to break? Why?
- What is the greatest thing about your life?
- What is the worst thing that has ever happened to you and how did you overcome it?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- What are you reading right now?
Thank you all! I love my WordPress community.