I’m definitely happier, more present-minded and productive when I abstain from news watching.
In fact, I’ve substituted it with comedy watching:
Any John Mulaney stand-up program…
Here is my recipe for delicious smoothies:
1 cup of vanilla yogurt (Greek style is best)
1 cup of berries (your fave: strawberries, mixed berries, blueberries, etc.)
1 cup of crushed ice
1/2 cup of orange juice (optional, it makes it sweeter and less thick)
Blend it and serve immediately.
A Clean Diet
There’s lots of talk about “clean diets.” If you want to start eating well, but don’t know where to begin, look to the Mediterranean Diet. It’s one of the most universally agreed upon regimens for feeling good:
Key components of the Mediterranean diet*
- Eating primarily plant-based foods, such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes and nuts
- Replacing butter with healthy fats such as olive oil and canola oil
- Using herbs and spices instead of salt to flavor foods
- Limiting red meat to no more than a few times a month
- Eating fish and poultry at least twice a week
- Enjoying meals with family and friends
- Drinking red wine in moderation (optional)
- Getting plenty of exercise
(I would add: limit caffeine, sugar and fried foods).
*From The Mayo Clinic