“One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.”
“(His) need to win drains him of power.”
Eckhart Tolle (re-telling a Zen Master’s lesson).
Being conscientious (taking obligations to others seriously and desiring to do tasks well) are forms of being present.
This is a success factor as what you focus on, grows.
Why do these smell the same?
Ira Glass says the key to success is plain old hard work. Keep working, don’t think too much about it. FINISH! And I’ve always wanted to be able to draw or paint and I know I’m not good at it – YET. So I sat down despite all the “work” I have to do (lesson plans, consulting work, a short story I want to finish) and I made art. It barely looks like opal. When I showed it to Josie, she said, “Um, I like the colors.” Ava hugged me because the criticism stung so badly.
But I shall persevere.
- Been writing 300 words every morning – OK, almost every morning. Making good progress on “David & Yeunja”, a dramatic modification to my last short story, “John E. Lee.”
- Biore – hubby’s nose. Very satisfying.
- Making the girls’ lunches for tomorrow.
- Running with the dog and walking the girls home from school.
- Passing my two AEPA tests – received official results today. I did MUCH better than I thought I did!
- Receiving my paycheck every other Thursday.
- Making a massage appointment (tomorrow)!
- Waxing my brows.
- Watching Willey play chess with Ava before dinner and….
- Updating this blog!