While walking Opal, a beautiful roadrunner crossed our path.
“If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”
Isn’t she gorgeous?
Judi Dench has worked for over 60 years and tattooed “Carpe Diem” on her inner wrist when she was 81.
You can read the interview here.
“True joy is made up of many, many, many small moments. If you wait six months for the big thing (for example, a vacation abroad), you miss all the beautiful small moments.”
– Eckhart Tolle
“One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.”
“For old people, beauty doesn’t come free with the hormones, the way it does for the young… It has to do with who the person is.”
Ursula K. Le Guin
If you want to be a truly beautiful person, be kind:
- be patient in traffic (Road Rage offends other drivers as well as your passenger(s));
- call a friend and invite them to a bike ride, or a walk…or lunch;
- take the time to counsel a young person who requests your advice;
- volunteer to help your community in an area of need;
- give thoughtful gifts because you thought of her…or him…just because;
- tell each person you love how you feel and that you appreciate them;
- write a love note and send it