“I…I’ve been going through a hard time,” Chloe stammered.
Maybe it’s not so important for you to pursue your passion because you have to be great at it…but perhaps it is important because it will lead you to your tribe.
Click HERE for the story
In the silence that followed, Kevin felt calmer. Lily’s reaction (or, rather, lack of reaction) to his complaints gave him space to think.
She left a lot of space.
And he realized that he just might be wrong.
“For old people, beauty doesn’t come free with the hormones, the way it does for the young… It has to do with who the person is.”
Ursula K. Le Guin
If you want to be a truly beautiful person, be kind:
- be patient in traffic (Road Rage offends other drivers as well as your passenger(s));
- call a friend and invite them to a bike ride, or a walk…or lunch;
- take the time to counsel a young person who requests your advice;
- volunteer to help your community in an area of need;
- give thoughtful gifts because you thought of her…or him…just because;
- tell each person you love how you feel and that you appreciate them;
- write a love note and send it
I was working on the back cover art and came up with the illustration shown above.
Feedback from my family:
“That first little chameleon is so cute!”
“Um, that second one is humping the dad.”
“Yeah, why’s she humping his dad?”
Lots of laughing.
I started over. There were murmurs that the second baby chameleon was doing something x-rated to the sibling.
“Move the second chameleon up higher, she still looks like she’s humping her dad.”
Despite the pain, feedback IS valuable.
I’m going with this one:
I just need to make the cover and I’ll be ready to start the self-publishing process…
Kevin watched. The wheels in his little mind were turning.
*Kevin the Complainer, to be published in March 2019